Thursday, May 26, 2011
Berries with Sweetened Sour Cream
I first tried this sweetened sour cream about 30 years ago at a restaurant whose name I've forgotten; it was dolloped over raspberries, and its richness compared to the sweet-tart fruit was extraordinary!
Unfortunately, I often forget about this simple treat, usually eating berries either in their plain but delicious glory, or making jam with them, or baking some sort of dessert featuring them.
But this is so sublime that it deserves to be remembered, and served often throughout the summer. Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and even a mix thereof ... it will be truly luscious ... :)
Commenting update: I have found that if I type in "Yenta Mary" and my website URL, I can leave comments on some sites -- yay!!! However, this option isn't always brought up ... why the randomness??? Who knows? But I've been trying to stop by and visit and say "hi" to folks when I can, when the system grants me permission and acknowledges my existence ... sigh. If I didn't hate Wordpress so much, Blogger would lose me after all the nonsense of the past couple of weeks ....
Sweetened Sour Cream
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Mix all ingredients together. Serve over berries, or even as a dip for large strawberries.
Ghosts of Postings Past and Present
- ► 2012 (227)
- It's Not Green Eggs and Ham, It's Green Sausage!
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Marcano's Take-Out
- Berries with Sweetened Sour Cream
- Curried Rhubarb Chicken
- Teaser Tuesdays: I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti...
- Vietnamese Caramelized Pork with Shredded Cabbage
- Frugal Floozie Friday -- Good Girls Go To Paris
- Spinach Feta Pizza
- National Cheese Souffle Day
- Edible Avalon
- Jeremy's Favorite Scrambled Eggs
- Versatile Blogging
- I Gar-on-TEE, You'll Love This Cajun Sausage Dish!...
- Mushroom Spinach Pita Sandwiches
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Muffins
- Welcome Home!!!
- Big News!!!
- Kinda Like Old Times
- Plum Jam
- ▼ May (20)